Can’t find the help you need? Need a custom video tutorial specific to your WordPress website? Contact one of our Melbourne WordPress developers.
1. Go to analytics.google.com and log in if you have a Gmail account. You can use your existing Webmaster Tools or AdWords accounts here.
2. If you don’t have a Google account, you’ll need to create a new one by clicking on Create account and entering all the details.
3. After that, click Next step and follow the prompts—you may need to verify it via email.
4. Once you’ve created a new account, go back to analytics.google.com and log in.
5. After logging in to your account, go to Admin and select Create new account from the Account menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
6. Enter the Account Name, Website Name, and Website URL.
7. From the drop-down list for Industry Category, select a category. Next, under the Reporting Time Zone, choose a time zone.
8. Following that, at the bottom of the page, click Get Tracking ID.
9. Select the country and read the terms, then click I Accept to continue. It will now display the code that you must add to your website in order to begin tracking.