1. Go to WooCommerce, then click Coupons in the left-hand menu.
2. Click Add Coupon.
3. After that, type in a Coupon code. Users will enter this on the cart page to get a discount. In this tutorial, we’ll create a coupon for a December 50%-off Christmas sale. You can also add a Description for your own benefit, but users will not see it.
4. Under General, select the Discount type. We will use Cart% Discount in this tutorial. Other options include Cart discount, Product discount, and Product % discount.
5. Enter the Coupon Amount.
6. Select an Expiry date. Since the example only applies to December, we’ll choose December 31st.
7. Under Usage Restriction, enter the Minimum spend and Maximum spend requirements. If you enter $100 as the Minimum spend, the coupon will be valid only for orders of $100 or more. The opposite applies for Maximum spend.
8. Tick Individual use only if the coupon cannot be combined with other coupons. Additionally, you have the option to Exclude sale items.
9. The coupon code can be applied to or excluded from a particular product. In the Products or Exclude products field, enter the product name and then click.
10. You can also assign a coupon to a category or exclude a category by selecting the category in Product categories or Exclude categories.
11. Enter an email address under Email restrictions to limit who can use the coupon based on their email address.
12. In the Usage Limits section, you’ll see the Usage per coupon and Usage per limit. For this example, we’ll choose 100 for the Usage per coupon and one for the Usage limit per user.
13. After you’ve completed all of the settings, click Publish. When you return to Coupons, the newly created coupon will be there.