Search Engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines.
The following areas are good ways to increase your ranking and user hits.
- Write quality articles – write quality articles that other websites will want to post on their websites and link to. The higher the quality of the article, the more one-way links you’ll get. The best articles to write are ‘how-to’ and informational articles. Stay away from self-promotion.
- Start a WordPress or Joomla blog – setup a WordPress or Joomla blog on your website and post articles to it per week. It’s a great way to build the size of your website, keep your website content fresh and get incoming links. Plus Google loves WordPress and Joomla!
- Syndicate your articles online – take the articles that your’ve posted to your blog and syndicate them on article directories such as Ezine Articles and Go Articles, so that other website owners can post them on their websites.
- Exchange links with relevant websites – exchange links with high quality, relevant websites in your field. This can be extremely powerful, as long as you are very selective with whom you exchange links with.
- Use social bookmarking – submit your blog post and other high value content to social bookmarking sites such as Digg, Reddit and StumbleUpon. Aside from the one-way link you’ll get and the (short-term) top Google ranking, you can hit the ‘jacket’ by getting to the first page of digg.com, where you’ll receive thousands of one-way links.
- Post comments on industry blogs – post high value comments on other blogs in your industry to spark discussion. Even if the comments are ‘nofollowed’, you can still get links to your site from other bloggers that refer to your posts.
- Link between your web pages – use contextual links on your website copy to link to other pages within your websites. Each of your pages should have some PageRank, so why not maximise it?
We can help you increase your rankings by integrating any of the above. Please visit our Search Engine Optimisation service page.